Our dynamic Operations team is looking for someone to provide Linux and configuration automation skills, this is an opportunity for an enthusiastic engineer to join our team and grow into a world class technologist. You will be part of a skilled team supporting our SaaS service where you will be able to evolve your skills with our vast range of supported technologies.
Who are you?
An experienced engineer who loves Technology, with comfort in supporting Linux platforms with configuration automation you will be comfortable within the Infrastructure we have. You are hungry to learn more, to hone your skills, to expand your knowledge base and you love documentation. You wake up each day to challenge yourself and learn more, using your skills and wits to help the company be agile and grow. You will be working in a team where average is not an option, you will be lifted by the presence of your peers and aspire to emulate and become one of them.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting, maintaining and improving our Linux environments.
- Helping to diagnose and resolve issues within our production and development environments.
- Automating configuration management.
- Keeping up to date and learning new technologies to improve yourself and the capabilities of the team.
- Creating and migrating development and production systems, in code, using chef and ansible. This includes working with the development and architecture teams, understanding the requirements and building out systems in a secure and automated fashion.
- Being involved with HW installations in the datacentres.
What we’re looking for:
- Linux knowledge – You should have at least 3 years expertise with ability to demonstrate your extensive capabilities in this area.
- Automation skills – With good working knowledge of at least one of the common automation tools preferably Chef, Ansible or Puppet, you should also find Shell scripting a breeze.
- Networking – Network knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, what they mean and their practical uses.
- Working in a Compliance based Environment – Familiar and able to work under change control processes within a compliant work environment.
- Networking and Load Balancers – A good understanding in this area, specifically used for distributing workload for HA and Capacity Management.
- Encryption & Security – Our customer’s data is precious, knowledge about this is useful such as Linux Disk Encryption, Linux Hardening.
- Virtualisation – Our service runs on Xen infrastructure and it would be good if you had knowledge in this area. Knowledge of VMWare and Cloudstack would also be good!
- Storage – We have Netapp storage as well as QNAP devices, support in this area would prove beneficial.
- Working with Linux in Amazon EC2 - We deploy on Amazon EC2 and are looking at this strategically, knowledge in this area would prove advantageous!
- Windows – We have a Windows Estate to manage as well, cross over skills here would always be useful.
We look for the following core competencies in everyone we hire:
- Analytical Ability – effectiveness in analysing situations and identifying key issues.
- Planning and execution – monitoring progress, taking action when necessary to rectify situations / meet deadlines.
- Teamwork – collaborating with and promoting collaboration with your team mates and between different parts of the business.
- Proactive – taking responsibility for making things happen.
- Social Magnetism – taking actions, which show awareness of one’s own impact on others.
- Technical expertise – keeping up to date technically within one’s own functional area.
- Adaptability – stability of performance under uncertainty and pressure.
- Communication & influence – using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods of communication to influence others positively to obtain agreement between different interests.
What’s the deal?
We will provide you with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of success and over-achieving your goals. Salary will depend on your experience and will be highly competitive. All our packages include an annual bonus based on the Company’s performance, so we are all incentivized to over-achieve!
In addition to a friendly, flexible and fun working environment, we provide a range of other benefits, including extensive health and dental insurance, employer-funded HSA account, flexible spending plan, life and AD&D insurance, short and long term disability insurance, vision reimbursement, subsidized gym membership, and 401K contribution, as well as 18 days’ holiday allowance.