Our team brings diverse expertise to the problem of diagnosing and managing heart disease with leaders in machine learning, visual neuroscience, robotics, and physics. We have teamed up with a network of world-class clinical and academic advisors to make huge strides towards our goal of saving lives.
As a Senior Backend Technical Lead, you will plan, coordinate, and execute on the development of medical software and hardware products powered by deep learning. You’ll be amongst the first to help shape the company’s product culture, working closely with founders, developers, and partners to ensure successful product delivery
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience leading Engineering teams in a technology and/or healthcare setting. (medical device preferred)
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field is required
- Demonstrated project management background using software development tools such as JIRA, Trello, Asana, or Github.
- Extensive knowledge of Python.
- Experience in designing and developing applications end-to-end.
- Dedication to the company mission and act for the well-being of patients at the center of every decision.
- Attention to detail in collaboration and documentation, actively communicating project priorities, handling risks, and understanding tradeoffs.
- Ability to make decisions, identify key deliverables, and “see around corners” to head off challenges, while being comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Strong organizational, analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teammate within a dynamic, multi-cultural environment.
- Bonus: Experience working on Machine Learning applications.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop high quality, customer facing software.
- Serve as the Backend Technical Lead in a cross-functional team to bring high impact products to market.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Clinical, and Regulatory Affairs to organize the product roadmap, plan short-term and long-term goals, and forecast release timelines within an Agile environment.
- Identify key technical requirements and customer needs for multiple cross-functional products, taking them from concept to completion on-spec and with excellent quality.
- Build a communication structure for up-to-date project visibility and actively communicate status to team members.
- Design and evangelize standard methodologies for effective product development.
- Lead scope and implementation planning sessions.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency and scalability of our systems and processes.
What’s in it for you:
Besides making an immediate impact, this opportunity will allow you to work for a company that is making strides toward saving lives through rapid diagnostic imaging products. Their technology breaks the barrier for accessibility of care using Machine Learning and AI. They understand that happy employees produce great results, so they take care of each and every hire with comprehensive benefits, equity plans, competitive salaries and all sorts of fun perks like fresh squeezed juice and a fully stocked kitchen daily. Right off the CalTrain line – the commute is a breeze!
Ready to jump in? Send your resume over today or request a time to chat more with our recruitment team. We can’t wait to meet you!