As our first solutions engineer, you'll be asking the question:
"How can we help our clients maximize the value in their data?”
We believe that the shift from speculative to data driven decision-making will revolutionize the day-to-day processes that enterprises measure and optimize. We serve companies that are committed to shifting the majority of their decisions from the speculative to the data driven realm, achieving better, more measurable, and more responsive decisions as they do.
You will be leading the charge in meeting, assessing and solving our client’s complex data engineering needs and challenges. You’re technically nimble and flexible. You have the right interpersonal skills to communicate with our clients and collaboratively work with our sales and engineering teams to make sure we’re delivering the right features. Your diverse background and technical dexterity ensure we truly understand their underlying problems and are building the right solutions for them.
What you'll do:
- You will bridge client needs and the engineering team to build a system that the customer loves.
- You will be curious about the customer's business and technological needs of the customer and help surface these into tangible use-cases for the product.
- You will synthesize these business needs into a plan to deliver our product and show the value of our product to the customer. You will work with our customer success team to enact that plan. With the team, you will install and integrate our product with their environments.
- You will train the customers on how to work with the product from a technical and strategic perspective.
- You will delivering collaborate with the customer to measure time to data measurement and use our tooling to optimize this.
- You will build the connections between the platform and the customers’ systems and work in a functional programming environment.
- You will deploy the platform on our customer’s infrastructure getting exposure to a variety of systems and architectures. The platform is in Scala, runs on Docker orchestrated by Kubernetes with a Typescript front-end.
- You will be able to explore a whole suite of brand-new tech like Scylla or Ignite and some more classic software like Postgres.
- You will have extensive contact with both our customers and engineering team, enabling you to be one of the main drivers in customer feedback.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience as a solution engineer, data scientist or data engineer or as python developer familiar with data
- You are familiar with Linux, automation and the networking and security challenges that come with enterprise clients
- You have had significant exposure to large customer engagements, or are interested in learning about that
- You recognize the importance of collaboration when solving hard problems, with team members as well as with customers
- You enjoy diving deep into business and technical discussions, continuously learning about our customers
- You can use algorithmic thinking to break down complex compound problems into easy chunks
- You embrace a dynamic, sometimes chaotic startup environment
- You are undaunted by deeply technical discussions
- You care deeply about the user experience of highly technical users
- You have a point of view and low ego
- You are open to travel and meeting with our customers