ServiceNow Systems Engineer
We are looking for experienced ServiceNow Systems Engineers with a strong background in implementation projects to join a busy team out of the Sacramento area. In this role you will work closely with management as you manage multiple medium to large implementation projects at a time. You will work with the strategic direction provided by management to methods and procedures to best meet the complex needs of your clients.
What will your day to day look like?
- Perform software configuration and customization including, but not limited to: screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, custom scripting and third party software integrations
- Obtain and analyze business requirements and document technical solutions
- Develop, design and rollout new application modules, workflows and catalog requests
- Research new functionality and recommend solutions that deliver customer value
Does this sound like your background?
- Design and delivery of technical solutions based on the ServiceNow platform
- Leadership skills in technical initiatives
- Generating detailed documentation
- Communications that clearly articulate solutions and the ability to perform demonstrations in front of customer
- Team management
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience supporting the implementation, administration, configuration, and/or development of the ServiceNow tool
- Should have worked on Web Services Integration (SOAP, REST)
- Administration of a ServiceNow instance including the delegation of groups, modification of CSM, workflows, business rules, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs, dictionary, catalog items and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions
- ServiceNow Experience should include scripting in ServiceNow, tool configuration, design work, technical configuration and deployment. Specifically, candidates shall possess the skill to develop on the ServiceNow platform including the creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change and Service Catalog
- System/Process Automation (Orchestration) experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Able parse XML schemas
- Understanding of Software as a Service
- Understanding of SOA and Web Services concepts.
- Should have prior experience in integrating tools in ServiceNow or other similar tools using MidServer, webservices, email etc
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation
Do you have any of these bonus skills?
- Experienced in the ServiceNow SAIF and SIM method and processes including customer requirement analysis and system design
- ITIL certification is a plus
- ServiceNow Implementation certification is a plus
- Experience in implementation and design of ITSM platforms like BMC Remedy/Remedy Force, HP Service Anywhere/ Service Manager
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills