Research Associate - Bioprocess Analytics
Talent is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within our clients Bioprocess Development team focused on supporting analytical and process development activities. The research associate will be part of a dynamic team responsible for bioprocess development, scale up and tech transfer of enzyme product manufacturing.
The Research Assistant/Associate will be responsible for:
- Providing analytical support for upstream and downstream process activities on performance enzyme products, which includes but not limited to metabolite analysis, enzyme activity, SDS-PAGE, SE-HPLC and others as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and adapt analytical methods to quantify yield, activity, and purity at various stages of the manufacturing process.
- Authoring SOPs of analytical methods which are used for process characterization
- Archiving process samples and maintaining analytical instruments
- Presenting results in the project meeting.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Biological Science, or related discipline, with 2+ years industry (preferred) experience analyzing enzymes
- Experience with assay development, particularly with the use of liquid handling systems in a high-throughput format.
- Experience applying aseptic laboratory techniques.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing needs.
- Must be motivated and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, ability to keep organized records and documentation, and to write reports and SOPs.