This role is designed for Principal level Software and Medical Device Engineers with a specific background in Electronic Medical Devices. Yes, it’s a bit unique, but so are you and that’s why you’ll make a great fit! Our team is obsessive about creating unique solutions to big pain management problems. We’re here to combat the opioid addiction crisis and bringing to market electronic devices for pain management that yield an even higher level of pain management without all the related health and addition concerns! Our work matters and we’re looking for those driven by this mission too!
In this role, you will be the technical expert for program & product solutions that combine new, digital health technologies with product lines that have a proven, clinical track record of treating acute & post-surgical pain. You will be given the autonomy & flexibility to grow your skills & your career, while effectively delivering world class results!
How you will make an impact:
- Perform as a systems software expert within our dedicated Technology Platform.
- Own the process for Real-time algorithm development, testing and verification (LabVIEW real-time and FPGA, Simulink, Verilog) for application of Ultrasound or other imaging technology.
- Define and create collateral for new connected device platforms (SW/FW concepts study, Software Architecture, detailed software design).
- Implement continuous deployment and automated testing, including software & firmware deployment to hardware devices
- Prepare software/system module specifications, designs, test protocols and resource and schedule estimates.
- Establish and maintain working knowledge of technology trends and how they are or can be made relevant to this business. Partner with external vendors to access future technology roadmaps.
- Provide protection of technologies & products through appropriate use of patents & trade secrets.
- Develop knowledge of functional areas outside of R&D required for Products Development & Commercialization, i.e. Quality, Regulatory, Human Factors, Product Safety, Finance, Sales, Marketing & Clinical.
- Communicate with physicians to obtain essential design input, detailed understanding of use case scenarios & product feedback during development.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 9+ years of experience in design & development of medical-electrical devices or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Experience managing both internal and external resources for the design and development of medical device systems that include hardware, software, embedded electronics and disposables.
- Broad experience in software development tools & best practices.
- Strong technical understanding of software, firmware and hardware interaction with a concentration on systems engineering practices.
- Experience generating and/or updating technical documentation (product requirements, specifications, engineering reports, test plans & procedures, validation plans and reports) while ensuring traceability back to source documents and rationales.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Up to 25% travel will be required in this role.
What will make you stand out:
- MS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 7+ years of experience in design & development of medical-electrical devices or PhD in same areas of focus with 5+ years of experience.
- Prior experience in the design, development & commercialization of medical device systems similar to medical imaging analysis (Ultrasound, MRI, CT).
- Deep working knowledge of 62304, 60601, 13485 development processes and standards
- Strong proficient in Python programing language.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, command line, version control (git/GitHub).
- Experience with machine learning (ML) libraries (Keras, Theano, TensorFlow, PyTorch) & numerical/imaging libraries (numPy, openCV).
What’s in it for you:
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others begins with our employees through a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary – our Total Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee; your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life benefits.
- annual bonus
- generous relocation package
- low cost benefits for you and family
- free onsite gym
- onsite cafeteria
- 401(k) + 6% match
- immediate vesting
- benefits on day 1
- HQ region voted ‘best place to live’ by USA Today