In the vast and quickly developing world of Machine Learning and Data Science, opportunities are endless to make a big impact. If you have passion for healthcare and quality of life improvements, this R&D team could be your perfect home! We are seeking an experienced Principal Machine Learning and Data Science Engineer to help drive new innovations and adaptations of AI related technology for pain management and critical care.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop and lead program and product solutions to combine new, digital health technologies with product lines that have a proven, clinical track record of treating acute & post-surgical pain.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to translate business needs into differentiated products & solutions, by driving business case & proforma development.
- Function skillfully as a key technical leader capable of driving consensus across functional groups to activate & execute projects.
- Demonstrate strong technical understanding of software, firmware and hardware interaction.
- Provide technical leadership within AI & ML framework to develop & launch innovative Medical Devices & Systems.
- Participate in all aspects of data-driven product development (data collection, labeling, algorithm development and verification/validation).
- Design, implement and validate machine learning and computer vision solutions for medical device products.
- Train, deploy, test and document machine learning algorithms for various applications.
- Spend time in the field with physicians and key opinion leaders to develop and maintain close ties with on-the-ground happenings in our market.
- Provide protection of technologies & products through appropriate use of patents & trade secrets.
- Provide technical guidance & mentoring/coaching to less experienced team members.
What we are looking for:
Required background and experience:
- BS in Electrical, Computer Science or Biomedical Engineering with 9+ years of experience in design & development of medical-electrical devices.
- Experience managing both internal and external resources for the design and development of medical device systems that include hardware, software, embedded electronics and disposables.
- Experience collecting/analyzing design inputs (voice of the customer, contextual research, etc.) & transforming them into high quality use cases, stakeholder requirements, system requirements & commercialized products.
- Experience generating and/or updating technical documentation (product requirements, specifications, engineering reports, test plans & procedures, validation plans and reports) while ensuring traceability back to source documents and rationales.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- At times, up to 25% travel will be required in this role in it’s first year, then will reduce to 10%.
Preferred background and skillset:
- MS in Electrical, Computer Science or Biomedical Engineering with 7+ years of experience in design & development of medical-electrical devices or PhD in same areas of focus with 5+ years of experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in the design, development & commercialization of medical device systems related to medical imaging analysis (Ultrasound, MRI, CT)
- Proficiency with Python programming
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows, command line, version control (git/GitHub).
- Experience with deep learning & machine learning (DL/ML) frameworks (Keras, Theano, TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Experience with Python packages (OpenCV, scikit-learn, XGBoost, LightGBM).
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Experience participating in data science and Kaggle competitions.
What’s in it for you
Our commitment to improving the health and wellbeing of others begins with our employees through a comprehensive and competitive range of benefits. We provide more than just a salary – our Total Rewards package encompasses everything you receive as an employee; your pay, health care benefits, retirement plans and work/life benefits.
- Annual bonus
- 401(k) + 6% match with immediate vesting
- Benefits on day 1
- Free onsite gym
- Onsite cafeteria with a variety of food options
- HQ region voted top 3 ‘best place to live’ year over year by USA today
More about us:
We are building a new, high performing R&D team at our Alpharetta, Georgia headquarters. This team supports our $170+MM Acute Pain global business unit which is critical to our organizations long-term growth. This technology platform is focused on products & programs to provide post-surgical pain relief as well as provide solutions to address injury recovery & rehabilitation. We’re excited to share more about our products with you, if you’re interested, reach out!