Our client is a renowned musci streaming company seeking a Freelance Podcast Producer to join their B2B marketing organization on the Creative Solutions team.
This is a 6 month contract role based in Los Angeles.
The Podcast Producer will act as a thoughtful innovator, producing complex, high value branded programs for Spotify’s advertising partners. You’ll sit alongside a team of Creative Strategists & Producers in North America, bringing sold programs to life across audio formats, with a specialized focus on podcasts.
The Podcast Producer will be working cross-functionally across their Sales, Studios, and Creator organizations. The goal: solve client problems with ideas that are unique.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for producing podcast ads from start to finish: from ideation and production of rough cuts, to answering questions regarding the creative, to ensuring the final ad has been mixed and delivered for publishing on-time
- Prep and produce in-studio interviews and conversations with hosts, producers and VO talent to create ad spots across their Originals
- Select tape, structure, write, and edit ad spots across various shows
- Revise and respond to client feedback
- Direct voiceover tracking sessions with talent and provide voiceover for rough cuts and ads
- Work with engineers on post-production
- Build ongoing relationships with content, and ad sales teams
- Maintain and uphold ad production process
- Work independently to maintain and execute against project plans, keeping production on time and on budget
- Express a consistent, credible editorial voice throughout all output; interpret brand partners’ objectives and carve out meaningful places to serve these objectives
- 3-4 years of audio experience or relevant experience in a related field
- Demonstrated ability to pitch and execute ambitious ideas
- Demonstrated ability to work under strict deadlines and effectively prioritize projects
- The ability to receive and implement feedback as part of a highly collaborative work environment
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively and attention to detail
- Experience working with brands (B2B & B2C)
- Experience copywriting and/or writing scripts for radio/podcasts/video production
- Enthusiasm about emerging audio formats and the potential for innovative brand opportunities
- A creative, diplomatic, mindset, suited toward reconciling feedback from multiple stakeholders while always keeping the listener in mind
- You are a compelling storyteller, at ease pitching your work to internal and external audiences and inspiring action
- You have a deep understanding of and enthusiasm for music, culture (particularly youth culture), technology, design, audio and video content, and branding.
- Must be familiar with ProTools and able to string together rough cuts for audio engineers
What To Submit
A cover letter
A work sample that you’re proud of. Please include an explanation of what role you played in the production process and why you chose this sample.