- Manhattan, United States
- Erin Crider
- 5 months ago
A 40+ person tech company is growing quickly — roughly doubling in size year over year and we’re ready for another Platform Engineer to help us keep up! Our visual marketing software is loved by nearly 400,000 small businesses, brands, solopreneurs, and influencers who use it to take their efforts to new heights on Instagram and Pinterest. We have a big mission too: Make world-class marketing easy for everyone.
This is an opportunity to have a major impact on the trajectory of our company, as well as millions of small businesses around the world who will come to benefit from our products.
What you’ll love about this role:
- You’ll be building products small business owners use daily, helping them to pursue their dreams and thrive financially using our platform.
- You’ll play an active role in the entire development process — from planning, designing, architecting, coding to implementation and documentation!
- You’ll have the freedom and support to challenge yourself with difficult problems without being afraid of failing, with opportunities to learn from mistakes.
- Our engineering team is a collaborative group of programmers who want to learn from you and help you learn!
- You’ll dive into our modern tech stack and toolkit and start shipping code on day one; immediately influencing the direction of the product, the team, and the company in a big way.
- We’re nimble and fast-moving, without corporate red tape, approval layers, or politics.
- You’ll get ownership shares, company-paid insurance premiums and extremely competitive benefits package, salary refreshes twice a year with annual bonuses, and an unlimited vacation policy
- Pick your home, either corporate headquarters in Oklahoma City or our satellite office in New York City (We are growing in both locations!)
- Versatile: You’re comfortable writing front-end components, unit-testing a back-end endpoint or anything in between.
- Product experience: You have experience developing solid, scalable products — whether you’ve been doing it for 2 years or 22 years.
- Full-stack know-how: You embrace the full-stack concept and infrastructure and aren’t afraid to switch between languages and platforms. (check out our tech stack to see if we’re compatible!)
- Agile: You’re comfortable working in an agile development environment, where requirements and goals might rapidly evolve as we learn from our users.
- Embracing cross-team collaboration: You want to be on a team that’s radically collaborative, free of silos, where engineers work in partnership with team members from across the company (product, design, customer success, marketing).
- You love data.
- Problem-solving: You have exceptional analytical skills, are an out-of-the-box thinker, and are comfortable with quickly learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies -- even in ambiguous situations.
- Constant learning: You’re always learning patterns, practices, and tools to improve your and the team’s development experience -- including being involved in the dev community. You may have side projects too.
- You're a doer, builder, a self-starter, and the thought of an entrepreneurial endeavor excites you.
Our technology stack:
You’ll need to have production experience with at least some of our technologies, frameworks, and languages. Or at a minimum -- similar ones that will help you learn and start contributing quickly.
- Back-end: PHP 7, Laravel, Beanstalk, Memcached
- Testing: PhpUnit, Tape, Enzyme
- Database: MariaDB, TokuDB
- Version Control: GitHub
- CICD: CircleCI
- Dev Tools: Docker local environment, Rust CLI productivity tools
- IDEs: VSCode, PHPStorm
- DevOps: ELK (ElasticSearch, LogStash, Kibana), New Relic, Indicative Analytics
- Hosting: Rackspace (dedicated + virtual servers + CDN), AWS (cloud instances + CDN)
- Agile Communication: Clubhouse, Slack, and Github
More about us:
- We are all owners (literally): We take responsibility, don’t pass blame, and don’t rest until the problem is solved.
- We're growing quickly – roughly doubling year on year – and we're highly profitable
- We set audacious goals and tackle challenges daily, which leaves no room for ego or a sense of entitlement.
- We’re multi-office: Most of our team members work in our headquarters in Oklahoma City, while many of us call our New York City office home, and a few of us work remotely.
- We’re radically transparent: Sharing new ideas and plans, giving feedback, and making everyone feel welcome in every conversation.
- Our growing team blends deep early-stage DNA (team + alumni have started 17 companies, and helped build 18 other startups) with industry expertise born out of leading names in tech and marketing such as Google, YouTube, AOL, AWeber, a la mode, BigWing Interactive, Paycom, Apple, Yodle and PCS.
- We believe our industry’s lack of diversity hurts us all and work hard to foster a company culture that’s inclusive and appreciative of everyone’s talent, authenticity, and ideas — regardless of our differences.
Note: Please don’t talk yourself out of applying if you don’t “check all the boxes.” We support each other’s growth and celebrate our differences. If you’re passionate about leading and mentoring technical teams, feel free to apply. We’d love to hear from you!