Our client is a media and entertainment company backed by top VC's and serial entrepreneurs Marc Lore and Vinit Bharara.
They are creating iconic “channels” for the new mobile, social, and streaming dials. They currently have three channels: one which is the largest women with kids brand online; a second that's built around popular national figure Preet Bharara, host of chart topping podcast "Stay Tuned"; and a third which is the newly launched men with kids brand.
They are currently seeking a Lead Motion Graphic Designer who can manage a team of 5 other Motion Designers while also transforming concepts into visually compelling animated work. The Lead Motion Designer should be able to bring brand stories to life through techniques in motion design, within a collaborative team environment.
The ideal candidate will be a creative storyteller with experience in making visually dynamic and compelling short form video content, specifically for their Snapchat Discover channel.
They are looking for someone with outstanding motion design skills who is comfortable with creating a large variety of content, who is eager to explore storytelling on Snapchat’s Discover platform. There will be the opportunity to work on large and small-scale projects — from concept to completion.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader who can participate in a hands-on manner to help create projects and have a polished visual aesthetic that’s fun and energetic. They should also be interested in new trends in motion/visual effects.
• Setting visual strategy, brand identity, and execution for their brands across multiple media platforms and editorial formats.
• Directly managing and mentoring a team of motion graphics designers.
• Establishing and implementing a cohesive and unique visual strategy across a multitude of content types including show packages, mobile/social video, vertical formats (e.g. Snapchat).
• Manage all-sized projects; assign work to the right team member and come up with creative ideas, design styles, and solutions. Be able to prioritize multiple projects at any given time.
• Give hands-on support for last minute projects.
• Build strong relationships, effectively communicating with designers, creative directors, and project managers.
• Deliver the final work - programing Snapchat within the Discover platform.
• Collaborate with their creative, strategic, and editorial teams in creating visually compelling and imaginative content primarily in After Effects.
• Work in a fast-paced, daily deadline-driven environment.
• At least 8 years experience working within an agency or digital publication setting.
• Proven leader and mentor of high performing design team/studio.
• A portfolio demonstrating proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite especially expertise with After Effects, Photoshop & Illustrator.
• A keen design eye with attention to typography and color balance.
• Strong visual & motion design skills – a clear grasp of typography, layout, color, motion, and behavior.
• Attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Direct experience with Snapchat Discover design, branding, and delivering end-to-end design across various media types, screens, formats, and technologies
• Passion for pop culture & humor.
This is a full time, onsite freelance position in their New York. Client will also consider temp-to-perm options as well.