- Redwood City, United States
- Curtis Bull
- 4 months ago
Fermentation Process Development RA
This client is seeking a Research Associate to join the Bioprocess Development team. The positions focus will be on microbial fermentation process development and primary recovery for recombinant protein production. It will include scale up, and tech transfer of enzyme product manufacturing.
- Prepare fermentation experiments by performing bioreactor setup and sampling
- Protein recovery experiments including as homogenization, centrifugation, depth filtration, microfiltration, and ultrafiltration.
- Analyze processing samples, using biological, biochemical, and analytical chemistry assay techniques.
- Communicate results of experiments to the Project team
- Maintain lab notebooks, write reports and SOPs.
- 2 years experience in development of microbial fermentation processes.
- Experience with DSP unit operations such as homogenization, centrifugation, depth filtration, microfiltration, and ultrafiltration is a plus.
- Biochemistry and Analytical Chemistry skills including HPLC, enzyme activity assays, protein assays, etc.
- Interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills, documentation, organization, good record keeping, writing reports and SOPs.