Our client, a mid-sized integrated branding agency based in NYC (about 30 people), is seeking a full time Digital Designer to join their team in February / March.
The Digital Designer will be tasked to create engaging e-commerce websites and digital experiences for their clients, primarily in the luxury and beauty categories.
As a Digital Designer, you will:
- Report into the ACD of Digital and work collaboratively with three others Designers on the team + their Digital Strategy / PMO Lead.
- Understand each client’s brand, project objectives, and user needs to create thoughtful, elevated and effective digital design solutions across multiple channels.
- Collaborate on the design of engaging, conversion-driving e-commerce websites and digital experiences from research, strategy and UX to concepting, UI and production design.
- Present work to clients at key milestones, providing context and strategic rationale for design decisions, and soliciting feedback to ensure project achieves client objectives.
- Document digital requirements and develop style guides.
- Interface with third-party developers to ensure design intent is realized.
- Collaborate on creative brainstorming, digital strategy development, competitive and best practice research and more.
- 2-5 years experience in e-commerce design, including UI/UX, mobile/responsive and iOS applications.
- Deep understanding of e-commerce best practices, including content / commerce integration and guided selling tools.
- A highly-refined aesthetic, demonstrated by a robust portfolio of e-commerce and other digital work for beauty and/or luxury brands.
- Strong typography and layout skills.
- High proficiency in Sketch, Invision and the entire Adobe Creative Suite.
- A passion for digital media and technology innovation, and a desire to always know what’s new and next.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, common CMS platforms (i.e. Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, etc.), social media and ESPs.
- A positive attitude, excellent interpersonal, communication and problemsolving skills—and a desire to work hard and have fun
- U.S. citizen or authorized to live and work in the U.S.
Please note, they are specifically looking for someone with eCommerce site design experience. They DO NOT want someone who has only done digital marketing or created imagery / modules for a website. You MUST also have a highly refined portfolio with experience in beauty, fashion or luxury to be considered.
**They are open to level of experience so if you strong eCommerce experience but have only been working for 2 years, they are willing to consider you.
If you fit the role requirements, please submit 2-3 bullet points of why you'd be a good fit for this position and when you are available to start.