Desktop Support Technician
Contract to Hire
- Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for ensuring the successful continued operation of all installed computer hardware and software, including PC’s, VCD’s, servers, high profile displays, networking, databases, and operating systems in a highly visible environment on a variety of systems. All duties as assigned and documented are expected to be completed.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Perform support functions for day to day operations
- Perform weekly system backups
- Perform System Updates and Workstation Windows® Updates monthly or as released (if directed)
- Preventative maintenance, cleaning displays, clients and other related hardware using ladders cleaning tools.
- Daily restocking for all paper needed for operations.
- Must document and sign that preventative maintenance tasks have been completed and accounted for.
- Daily walk throughs, both Virtual and Physical, of all systems to visually check kiosks and displays are operational, and checking clients, displays and equipment to see if they require cleaning and are functioning correctly.
- Checking shift reports, from previous shift, for hand off tasks and issues.
- Creating and reporting daily shift reports to managers, coworkers and customers.
What we’re looking for:
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or 6 months to 1-year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of PC and Server operating systems
- Desired manufacture certifications: Dell, Microsoft, Cisco
- Must be able to diagnose and solve complex technical problems in a multi-tier computer system