Ready to do something with your life that matters? Working with us means joining the battle against cancer and other life-threatening disease through joining the ranks focused on early diagnostic and generalized screening. Can you imagine how it would feel to explain your job to friends and family and get to end with “I help save lives.”
Here’s your chance:
As one of our first Data Engineers you will have the opportunity to lay the groundwork for the implementation of proteomic data pipelines that are mission critical to our work. You’ll be the catalyst for the integration of proprietary technology platforms used to extract value from large scale data that could revolutionize early diagnostics for cancer and other rampant diseases.
Sounds like you?
Highly developed team skills and a burning desire to learn & grow is the core of your being.
Your formal education includes a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Bioinformatics and/or Biochemistry with 3-4 years industry experience in proteomics, ideally within both larger and smaller diagnostics and life sciences companies. Bonus points for publications or related research studies!
Let’s explore what your day to day will look like:
- Design, build and maintain data processing architecture including both scalable proteomics pipelines and metadata capture & annotation – you help make our data usable!
- Curate generated data sets, optimizing for traceability and ease of access – your optimization makes everyone’s lives easier!
- Stay current with data engineering best practices and internally promote new techniques/ideas – you’ll be the voice for innovation on our team!
- Interact with company leadership to develop a corporate data strategy – yes, you’ll work directly with senior leadership!
- Work closely with the Mass Spectrometry group as well as interact, collaborate, and support other functional teams within the broader Research, Development, and Clinical framework – collaboration is key, you’ll be a champion across our organization!
What we are looking for:
It’s no secret that we look for candidates with brag worthy backgrounds. We’d love to hear about your track records of success in academia, life science or biotech industries!
If you have significant experience building scalable proteomic analysis pipelines & data capture/analysis applications, we want to hear from you!
Our Data team tends to have the following backgrounds:
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in relevant discipline such as computer science, bioinformatics, molecular biology or biochemistry. Further graduate degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in an academic or life-sciences industry laboratory setting (biotech start-up experience preferred)
- Extensive hand-on experience designing and building infrastructure on AWS. Specifically, EC2, S3, Lambda, StepFunctions, Batch, SQS, Fargate etc. (AWS certification preferred)
- We use AWS, EC2, Lambda and Batch primarily
- Experienced with cloud infrastructure scripting tools Terraform and/or CloudFormation (Terraform preferred)
- Proficiency in building, deploying and orchestrating Docker containers
- Superior Python skills (some familiarity with Django preferred)
- Familiarity of relational and non-relational databases. Proficient SQL
- Knowledge of OpenMS, MaxQuant, X!Tandem, Skyline, and other proteomic computational tools – a must for this role!
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
What’s in it for you?
As an early stage venture (we are only 1 year old) your opportunity to make a big impact is exponentially high! In addition to very competitive base salaries, we are still offering a generous equity package and comprehensive perks + benefits plan that’s par for par with any larger organization.
Our people matter to us so you will always be well taken care of. If the idea of working or a company lead by a CEO who has successfully taken 2 other companies public in the last 5 years excites you, then what are you waiting for? Send us your resume or LinkedIn and we’ll get the process started!