One of our clients, a leading Cloud Services Provider and Technology Firm has an immediate need to hire a CTO to focus on their Azure and GCP offerings.
They are looking for this person to help drive innovation around cutting edge solutions for web applications, IoT, Edge Computing, Big Data, AI/ML, and containerized workloads based on the Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platforms.
The primary role is to assist the sales and the professional services team with hands-on architectural leadership and mentoring our professional services teams, and also lead most of the pre-sales efforts. This person will be a thought-leader and the ideal candidate has extensive experience with architecting large complex applications, a strong understanding of Big Data and analytics, experience guiding delivery teams in the implementation of quality software solutions, and exceptional communication skills.
- Provide technical leadership to customers and internal employees
- Understand the long term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Be an evangelist of the architecture blueprints to mobilize our customers to build solutions that meet our customers’ needs
- Be responsive and decisive on adjusting architecture, market conditions and as technologies evolve
- Support the development and delivery team to translate the technical architecture into a design
- Work closely with Sales and professional services teams
- 10 – 15 years of experience in software architecture, application development and micro-services
- 5+ years in cloud modernizations solutions including greenfield development projects
- Experience leading the execution of highly technical engagements including building Proof of Concepts, re-engineering applications and delivery
- Hands-on experience in a customer-facing or pre-sales engineering capacity
- Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies, cloud-native application architecture (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management), mobile and DevOps processes
- Thorough understanding of relational database design including OLAP, Azure SQL Data Warehousing or BigQuery
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL databases such as Hadoop, Apache Spark, MapReduce or MongoDB
Prior experience in a Consulting or Services company with Cloud Solutions is preferred