Contract – Data Engineer Role
The Legal Operations team is responsible for driving a variety of strategic initiatives, including - among others - leading strategic projects and implementing business systems to increase Legal productivity, defining the data strategy for data retention requirements, building standard reports to provide insights to the legal team.
We are looking for a motivated data engineer to support a variety of operational and strategic initiatives related to legal data needs within the organization. This is a great opportunity for a data engineer to engage in work that is high impact for the legal team and the company. You’ll work with the legal and compliance business teams, along with product and engineering partners throughout.
We have a rich and constantly evolving landscape of data infrastructure. The scope of this role is to leverage the data infrastructure and processes already in place at the company, but to be creative in best practices for extracting, holding or producing data based on business and legal requirements.
-SQL and working with large data sets
-Experience in building and querying large-scale data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark on Google Cloud Platform.
-Great communication skills that can easily interact with product managers and legal operations analysts on a daily basis
Nice to have:
-Have worked at a large scale tech or financial company
-Previous experience in working with legal hold data and solutions
-Aware of compliance initiatives within large technology companies
What you’ll do:
Build large-scale data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark on Google Cloud Platform. Work closely with the product manager, end-users and stakeholders to understand, document, troubleshoot and analyze requirements for complex data solutions. Work closely with the Legal and Operations team to resolve various legal asks and requirements, including legal hold and responding to litigation requests. Demonstrate critical thinking ability in order to analyze large data sets, and troubleshoot partner inquiries and data discrepancies.
Who you are:
• You are self-driven and excited to obtain a good understanding of the business and communicate well with non-data colleagues.
• You are self-motivated and not afraid to work independently to create a strategy and execute on required work.
• You are interested in being the glue between engineering and legal and feel comfortable working in a business oriented team.
• You are Innovative and able to come up with new solutions to very tricky problems
• You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding
• You know SQL, Scala and Python languages
• You have experience in developing/building data pipelines (batch or streaming)
• You are familiar with ETL (extract, transform and load) Tools and infrastructure such as GCP (google cloud platform) is a requirement, including Big Query and GCS.
• At least 2-3 years of relevant experience, i.e. software engineering working with data analysis, data modeling, data processing as well as