Cassandra Consultant – Remote working
Talent are currently looking for an experienced Cassandra consultant to join a fast-growing consultancy start up.
You will be engaged in a customer consulting role and assist with technical pre-sales in support of the sales team. You may also be required to provide emergency support to customers local to your region in response to high priority incidents.
- Cassandra – Cluster Configuration, Data Model, Support & Development
- Programming languages: Java, Bash, Python
- Other Distributed technologies: Kafka, Spark, Hadoop ecosystem
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure
- Devops: IntelliJ, Git, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Docker, Packer, Terraform
- System analysis, software architecture and design
- Big Data concepts, NoSQL technologies and related data models
- Tertiary qualifications in software engineering (or related discipline) or equivalent experience
Team Member Performance Expectations
These are the current expectations. Expectations are maintained and agreed by the team on an ongoing basis.
- Be an Owner: Be aware of the broad business context of your work, make decisions considering all business impacts. Take ownership of the business outcomes for the areas under your control.
- Team Work: Take a “shared goals” mentality and contribute to the overall success of the team. Acknowledge the contributions and expertise of others, share your knowledge and experience to help others to be productive. Propose, design and champion methods to improve team productivity. Ensure appropriate communication within the team on incidents.
- Technical & Problem Solving Skill: Apply strong basic technical skill in the core technologies we use. Approach problems in a structured manner with perseverance and positive attitude. Seek out, filter and apply new sources of information as part an open approach to finding the best solution. Seek help early when required.