Talent International is partnering with a cutting edge pharmaceutical company in SSF that is looking for a Biostaticician.
- Perform statistical analyses and modeling, including design of pre-clinical studies, algorithm development, quality monitoring, and process automation.
- Play a central role in our new experimental studies from conception to completion by collaborating with our in vitro and in vivo scientists to ensure that the studies are practical, designed with sufficient power, and use appropriate endpoints.
- Create statistical analysis plans for completed drug screen studies and determine which, if any, drugs show significant effects.
- Work with our team of software engineers and computational biologists to automate core statistical analyses and ensure your results are integrated into further downstream analyses.
- PhD in statistics, mathematics, computer science, computational biology, or related field with 1-5 years of relevant experience; or an MS in those fields with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with biostatistical methods for pre-clinical studies, including mixed-effects models, longitudinal models, simulation methods to predict power, and models to account for bias.
- Demonstrated fluency with R, including knowledge of relevant statistical packages and libraries.
- Familiarity with large relational datasets, including PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Python is also preferred.
- Experience with data analysis in Linux/Unix/OSX.
- Excellent team communication skills and ability to collaborate across our organization
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced, hands-on startup environment.