Talent International is partnering with an exciting start-up specializing in liquid biopsy for the early detection of cancer. If you are passionate about the fight against cancer and have experience with assay development this might be the right fit for you!
- Participate in the design, development, and implementation of biochemical experiments to support assay projects and development of the core protein assay platform, with specific emphasis on proteomic assays such as, ELISA, HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Assay development with ELISA and immunoassay multiplexing technology. Duties including assay optimization, sample analyzing, assay troubleshooting, automation support, assay characterization and validation, generating SOPs.
- Follow established protocols for specimen processing, testing, inventory management and data recording.
- Perform installation and maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Label, validate, accession samples and enter patient information into the Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Perform quality control methods and conduct analysis for the evaluation of manufactured kits, reagents and raw materials.
The successful candidate for the position of Research Associate, Assay Development will have demonstrated analytical and assay work in academia and/or life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have 1-4 years’ experience supporting and implementing assays in an industrial biotech setting.
They must bring teamwork skills, an attention to detail, and superior productivity.
Desired requirements include:
- A Ms or a PHD with a strong academic background in biological sciences.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques strongly preferred (i.e. ELISA, protein/peptide sample prep and separation, RNA and DNA preparations).
BS or MS in a relevant scientific discipline, and 1-4 years of industry experience in relevant field is required. Specific title and responsibilities are flexible to match a given candidate’s experience.