The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the Internet of Things. A new generation of vehicles are coming off the production line that are more like computers and are by default connected. Car manufacturers are looking to extend what have been traditional infotainment systems, Insurers are looking to provide better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback, and everyone has increasingly amounts of data available that they need support to understand what to do with it.
We’re in search of a Big Data Engineer to design and develop data products to enable advanced UI and insight products from massive amounts of geospatial data, including both stream and batch processing systems. As a Big Data Engineer you will be accountable for designing and developing complex data processing products for real world application.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engineering the Company data platforms for scale, performance, reliability and security.
- Work with the UI Portal team to develop data products to serve advanced insight
- Work with the Data Science team to take advanced analytics to customer serving products
- Work with the product owners and business analysts in analysing business requirements to design and implement data processing pipelines, associated data and database structures and fine tune performance to meet those requirements.
- Work with Infrastructure and DevOps teams to release and maintain live products.
- Design, Implement & Test all data processing systems.
- Participate in establishing processes and best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of a BS in computer science/mathematics related degree or equivalent experience, Masters preferred
- 2+ years of experience in the field of big data engineering.
- Strong experience with Hadoop, Spark
- Experience developing stream-processing systems. (Kafka, Spark streaming, Storm or Flink)
- Experience with Java, Scala or Python (Scala is our primary language)
- Experience with Amazon S3
- Experience working with an Agile environment
- Experience Managing Data ingestion and processing operations
Bonus Points for:
- Experience setting up build pipelines. E.g. Git, Jenkins and Nexus.
- Experience with cloud computing environments. E.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with data modelling and data warehousing. E.g. Postgres, Redshift.
- Experience with other NoSQL technologies. E.g. Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis or Ignite.
What’s in it for you:
Competitive base pay, great PTO, comprehensive medical/vision/ dental, industry leading team members, work that’s both fascinating and rewarding, new office space and all the fun perks that come with start up culture!