Looking for a role that’s tackling a real-world problem?
How about life saving medical care?
Ready for something that matters?
As a Backend Engineer, you will be a critical member of the engineering team responsible for backend development and deployment of our lifesaving diagnostic products and services. Our team brings diverse expertise to the problem of diagnosing and managing heart disease with leaders in machine learning, visual neuroscience, robotics, and physics. We have teamed up with a network of world-class clinical and academic advisors, allowing us to progress in a very short time.Better strap in!
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years’ experience working in a production environment (post academia) as we move fast and have important deadlines, we need someone who’s excited by the challenge
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive knowledge of Python, everything is written in it
- Experience in designing and developing applications end-to-end
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS
- Bonus: Experience using container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Bonus: Experience using CI tools (Jenkins, etc.)
- Strong teamwork ethic, passion for learning and desire to seek new challenges.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Architect large system application that integrate with machine learning microservices
- Develop and improve continuous integration for development, testing, and releases
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Analyze and improve the efficiency and scalability of our systems and processes
- Mentor junior engineers
- Collaborate with multiple teams
- Demonstrate and uphold high engineering standards and bring consistency/improvements to our codebases and processes.
What’s in it for you:
Besides making an immediate impact, this opportunity will allow you to work for a company that is making strides toward saving lives through rapid diagnostic imaging products. Their technology breaks the barrier for accessibility of care using Machine Learning and AI. They understand that happy employees produce great results, so they take care of each and every hire with comprehensive benefits, equity plans, competitive salaries and all sorts of fun perks like fresh squeezed juice and a fully stocked kitchen daily. Right off the CalTrain line – the commute is a breeze!
Ready to jump in? Send your resume over today or request a time to chat more with our recruitment team. We can’t wait to meet you!